Monday, November 03, 2008

Dodge the bullet



I'm hanging in there, dodging the recession and patting myself down looking for bullet wounds after reading that my retirement stocks got flushed down the old porcelain squatter box. I still feel the same as I did before the world economy started crashing. Maybe I'm immune?

It hasn't been a good year at work. Someone left the back door open and a collection of arrogant, immoral and self absorbed armholes came in and took over. I didn't really mean to say armholes, but I thank spell checker from coming to the rescue of Mr Pottymouth.

Anyhow, I'll be glad when this year is done, so I'm starting 2009 a little ahead of time. Katy has nailed the end of her Uni and we are heading to the US of Obamaland. San Antonio marathon is locked in and I haven't suffered the usual strain or pull in the calf. I might add, just. The last few weeks I have been on the edge of breakdown but keep managing to get by. I might just rest this last 2 weeks and do no more running.

All the long runs are in the bank, and the speed was good last Wednesday averaging 4:30 for 18k (12ish miles) in 1hour 22 minutes and finishing strong and fast.

4 Comments:

Blogger 21stCenturyMom said...

The United States of Obamaland - I love that! I wish I lived in Tejas as Tammy calls it, so I could visit with you and Katy.

6:45 am  
Blogger Tesso said...

Yeah, keep on spectating, it was much more fun watching people suffer wasn't it.

Thanks for the coffee. It made me swim really fast for the first km. Then I died in the arm. The last km was a struggle.

1:55 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

We'll have a new President for your arrival. Yes, "we" - the world!

No more McSAME PAIN.

3:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least i know i can go home and not want to crawl under the bed the entire time.

of course, if you crawled under the bed, too, that'd be more fun.

8:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home