Friday, May 12, 2006

Perfect Combination



Some things just go together and work well. But NOT a sore foot picture like this, whilst snacking on Guacamole, as recommended by Bella.

My foot feels alot better, although I can't seem to feel my big toe!!!! Enough of that nonsense .... I'm offically downgrading my foot from 'stress fracture" to a "bruise" based on NO medical expertise, NO evidence or any such analysis or logic whatsoever. OK it hurts a little but If I ignore it I expect it to go away.

Today's run I discovered the Clairie Farlek. After crossing the Storey Bridge there is a choice of running about a 1K horseshoe or cutting down a sidestreet. Clairie cut down the sidestreet and told me I had to catch up to her .... so I picked I put the foot down and it took me the rest of the run to recovery back to the nice comfortable jog I was enjoying until that point.

Next weekend is ........The Warwick Pentath-Run. 5 runs over 2 days equal to a marathon distance. The 5 events are 1/2 marathon, 4.6K cross country, 5K road race, Day 2 10K Assent (as in, a bloody big hill climb) and then 1500 meter race through town to end. I'll be sharing a room with complete stranger called Ironbee.

Glenno says "it's your sort of weekend" .... ok, we'll see!

Glenno in full flight, taking out the Brisbane Running Buddies trophy for 2005.

12 Comments:

Blogger Robert Song said...

Ironingman and Ironbee. What a couple. Honey and toast for breakfast I guess.

12:44 pm  
Blogger Lora said...

YOu're gonna freak a lot of bloggers out with that pic. Unfortunately, I have patients like that!
That Ironbee looks a bit nuts--dont turn your back on him!!!

10:02 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

I wonder what the Warwick locals will think when they see you in your, er, loud running tights, and Ironbee in his bee suit walking into a motel room together.

Wish I knew this morn you couldn't feel your toe, I would've given it the old stomp test.

10:09 pm  
Blogger E-Speed said...

OMG I was eating toast when I opened this up. That picture is HORRIBLE!

11:59 pm  
Blogger Tammy said...

Shame on you!! SHAME, SHAME, SHAME! I thought that was your foot!!!! It's not, right?? geesh. I just threw up on my keyboard... thank you very much.

3:54 am  
Blogger L*I*S*A said...

WHOA!! My first thought was running in subzero temps barefoot. :)

9:40 am  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Is that a punishment before the execution?

2:06 am  
Blogger Ginger Breadman said...

I think I echo everyone else - that was just plain nasty.

1:50 pm  
Blogger Chelle said...

What a horrible picture!!

2:02 pm  
Blogger *jeanne* said...

That was indeed terrible.
Worse, MUCH worse than my snakes...

12:16 pm  
Blogger psbowe said...

Ok, just ruined my breakfast...thank you very much!
Plus, so unfair to mention gucamole in the same post,..you freak!!

2:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

4:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home