Friday, December 30, 2005

The final chapter

As one year is ending another one begins. Perhaps this was my last run for the year but I felt strong and protected as I imagined the Black Knight running along side me like a shadow. This was uplifting until my mind wandered and I imagined slaying the weak pedestrians with my imaginary battle axe. I'm sure all of you have had this same image ...... no? A little later on my inner Kenyan appeared, and I was able to float across the running trail feeling light as a feather. As dusk closed, a hundred bats from the trees by the creek had taken flight and swooped around my whilst my trusty IPod blasted the tunes that drive me along the road. I wonder if you think the heat could be getting to me? To all those that happen to come across my ramblings may you dreams come true in 2006.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Hahahaha.... don't "go postal" on us now! I don't want to see you on the nightly news... "Runner goes insane and chases local pedestrian's with a battle axe while chanting 'Long live the Black Knight. Do not piss off the Black Knight'" :)

6:11 am  
Blogger Tesso said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to the man that has more running nicknames than anyone I know.

And ALL THE BEST FOR 2006 to his toast hating wife too.

5:23 pm  
Blogger Lora said...

Should we begin to worry about you???

Happy New Year!

1:10 am  
Blogger D said...

No more bats please!

Happy New Year!

1:26 am  
Blogger Black Knight said...

The Black Knight is here to run with you for all the 2006 long and who knows if one day this will be possible?

12:30 am  
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

All the best in 2006. Happy New Year.

7:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

8:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home