Sunday, December 18, 2005

Back to my Countdown to 2006 List




Just thought of another highlight from this year and I'm listing it under 10 of my "Countdown 2006" (previous post)

The Big 10!

The 10 animals of 2005 .....

1 Elephant that I got to pretend I was driving down a river in the Thai highlands. I was pretending because the elephant knew exactly where he was going and I had no say in it. It was one of the moments in life when I had a dumb grin, didn't say a word, and thought to myself "how cool is this!".

plus

5 Tigers in the Kanchanaburi sanctuary which was 3 adults (here making Katy nervous and excited at the same time .... great bladder control) and 2 cutie cubs sitting on a rock.

plus

3 Geckos that patrol the ceiling of our new house. One is called Amy.

plus

1 Rubber snake (another story)

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That must of been pretty exhilirating being on top of that Elephant. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

5:38 pm  
Blogger psbowe said...

I hope I get a chance to do that, ride an elephant.

4:13 am  
Blogger Tammy said...

I have a pic of me on an elephant when I was 9 or 10. It was some kind of county fair thing.

Cool Tigers! Was that in Thailand also? I have to assume they weren't wild tigers. exciting~!

6:26 am  
Blogger *jeanne* said...

I rode an elephant once at one of those drive-through wild animal parks. It was called Jungle Habitat, but it went out of business long ago. But the elephant ride was just one loop around in a circle like a little kid's pony ride, while the elephant was being lead by the animal handler!

9:40 am  
Blogger E-Speed said...

ooooh big kitties :) I have my pics with one tiger. But I have never been in with multiple big cats at a time!

2:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home