Friday, December 09, 2005

Here's a season to be jolly, Kurrawa a ra a ra ra ra!

Nature has erupted into full symphony just 3 days before the Gold Coasts next big event on the running calendar. I ran to my car this evening amid torrential rain with thunder and lightening bursting and flashing at high velocity. All this sets the scene for a race more famous for extreme humidity and soaring temperatures than its lack of high profile sponsorship.

Sunday will be my first Kurrawa (aboriginal word meaning "Blue Sea") and I'm looking forward to it in a way different than any other race. This time I won't be out to qualify for Boston, obtain a specified average pace or even achieve a PB. No my goal is to try and not get lost on the route and ensure I finish before all the sausages from the BBQ are gone.

"This event is a 50Km and 2 person relay of 25Km each from Kurrawa Surf Club (Broadbeach) To Duranbah (& return) on Queensland's Gold Coast. It is a flat course along roads & paths adjoining the Gold Coast beachfront. Start time 5:00am from Kurrawa Park, 200 meters north of Kurrawa Surf Lifesaving Club Carpark, Broadbeach Qld."

Sounds harmless doesn't it? I think there should be more relay races like this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Haha... I've gotten lost more times than I care to recount. Bad sense of direction!

Good luck tomorrow... or is it today there? :)

5:36 am  
Blogger Tamyka Bell said...

That storm was awesome! So where's the race report? ;)

3:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home